To safely administer the fall season, there will be several modifications as compared to previous seasons.
- Safety protocols for Players, Coaches and Fans.
- Limited capacity compared to a normal fall season.
- Mandatory coaching training zoom meetings for each level. Our goal is to ensure that each player has a coach that is equipped to run a fun, engaging practice.
- Decreasing the game length and meetings per week to (2) max.
- Increase practice onboarding time to allow for more individual instruction prior to game play.
- Modified game rules to allow for more action. Examples include starting at bats with 1-1 counts, or limiting to 4 pitches at the Coach Pitch level.
- Game day gatherings will be spread out to allow for the complex to empty prior to the next game blocks.
Training will be a mandatory requirement for all coaches. Training goals will include:
- League wide Covid-19 safety procedures and policies on August 31 from 7pm – 8pm.
- Positive Coaching Alliance seminar on September 13 from 7pm to 8pm.
- Zoom – Pre season practice planning session for each league.
- Zoom (½ hour – 45 minute) coaching clinics focused on specific areas of the game (ex: Infield play, Outfield play, Pitching daily routines, catching routines, pre-game batting practice).
Divisional Season Agenda Changes
6U – Tee Ball level. Pod setup.
8U – Coach Pitch.
- (2) engagements per week.
- Increase the onboarding period before games start to 5 practices prior to the first game, which would happen at the end of week 3.
- The first practice will be 90 minutes long. Other practices will be 60-75 minutes long, with access to cages and field space.
- Game time to decrease to 60 minutes max, with a ½ hour warm up period.
- Recommend having a continuous season lineup. With this approach, if a game ends with the #7 batter on deck, the #7 batter would then lead off the next game.
10u – level. Increase the duration of the onboarding period for Pitchers and Hitters prior to live situations. Visit the 10u page to find the recommended season schedule.
12u – 14u – 18u level. Opportunity for more practice/field time prior to first game.
*Updated, August 17, 2020.